FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:33 am
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by llbean
Guys Im confused and time is running out...

I have about 200K SPG points
I used one travel and points reward from Marriott last year to go to Grand Cayman Marriott - it was category 5. Great time and great deal.

I want to purchase one Marriott hotel and air package before the 18th. I dont know the exact destination we are flexible - thinking maybe Phuket or Maui? ( we have a 2 year old)

Im confused what to do. I was up till 2am last night reading and reading blogs and this thread but I seem no closer to an answer

Is my best bet to buy a current package 1-5 ? or a package 9 - hoping that it will translate to a new category 7? Also seems to be likely a category 8 witll translate to a new category 6?

Should I make some sort of booking even thought we really dont have any idea of plans at this point....too many moving parts..

Anyone who can help with some advice would be greatly appreciated...simply running out of time so I dont think I can do too much more research!

The people commenting here don't know and those who might know aren't providing much information. I have an unattached 1-5 and an unattached 8. My guess is the 1-5 will end up as a 4 and my hope is the 8 becomes a 6. I am comfortable that MPG would have informed us of any substantial reductions in the value of hotel awards. Although we might get some benefit from category conversions, I certainly don't expect it. My best guess is that we all end up within a very narrow range of where we would have been if there were no planned category changes.