FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:16 am
canopus27

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm surprised that there's been so little discussion about this change; everyone is very focused on the big switch from Aeroplan in 2020, but the Amadeus change is happening a full year before then (the release says 2019, although I can't find an exact date mentioned anywhere).

As I understand it, Amadeus will be the system of record for seat inventory. That either means that there will be a huge data migration action at some point, moments before the entire system goes live .... or they will start booking all flights beyond a certain date, directly in Amadeus when they sell them - which could be very soon now. Either way, we're likely just 12 months away from a huge switch.

Whether or not Amadeus will deliver any improvements to the customer experience, I'm both curious and terrified what the transition process will look like. I can't imagine that this will be completely seamless.