FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA vs AA J seat width
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:50 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by danosu77
Hi,
I'm a big guy and I need to do some time on BA. I am worried about seat width. I fit OK in the JAL window seats, but it is tight in the aisle seats as the pod walls dig into my shoulders. I fit fine in the AA 787-800 seats. Appreciate any insight.
I think you’ll have to tell is more. Specific aircraft type, etc.

For instance, in Business class, the 787-8 and 787-9 have different seats. 777-200s have the same seats - some have the -8 Zodiac seats, and others the same Super Diamond as the -9.

If it’s Business Class, BA uses a rather older design where the seat is narrow, the extension to a bed is basically a fold-down footrest and most BA. Budiness seats are set up in pairs - you’ll generally have to climb over, or be climbed over, by another passenger in most seats.

I’m a bigger guy and have flown all the ones I’ve discussed. AA hands down - unless it means connecting to a BA narrowbody, as its Club Europe is worse than most AA coach but offers an empty seat between an aisle and exit seats. Though I may recall the seats may be expandable in some narrowbodies. BA forum has a “dashboard” that makes it easy finding threads on aircraft types with greater seat detail.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 14, 2018 at 5:56 pm