FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does Anyone Fly Alaska? (Including Rants)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:38 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yes, some comments in the less frequented threads (and harder to search IMO) about very senior FAs basically getting the shaft.
I have an acquaintance who's a very senior sUA out of LAX and has been very frustrated by what looks like better treatment of sCO FAs.

I don't have a dog in AS merger, and I certainly understand why Virgin fliers would be unhappy about losing what they came to expect, but from posts and my own personal reading outside FT, it seems that fliers LOVED Virgin, but investors, not so much as it was / is an unsustainable model, i.e. not making money when all others are making money hand over fist while the economy is booming.
I was neither an AS or VX flyer before - I think I flew VX once before the merger and didn't see what the fuss was about. The F seats on AS are more comfortable than on a UA 737 and are fine for transcons. The F seats in VX are definitely nicer, but aren't like a lie-flat, which is what it would take to get me to fly a redeye for work. I started flying AS when my partner got a job in PDX last year, so now I commute. My work tends to default to UA, though I can pick alternates. Compared to UA with status, AS with just MVP has been fantastic. Compared to any of the US3 without status, AS without status is still preferable.