FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:07 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
AC 4 NRT-YVR August 2018

New Menu

NOTE: Both the AC website and the printed version of the menu for this flight are missing the page for "Bar". No idea if it was intentional as I noticed it's on the AC 872 menu I posted above and includes the Signature Cocktail.

Unlike flights ex-YYZ and ex-YVR in the summer, champagne ex-TPE, ex-HKG and ex-NRT are properly chilled. And this has been the case every summer for the last 4 years.

Clearly the outstation catering suppliers are more diligent or have better trucks or whatever. Yes, FWP, but still

Well, it seems NRT does not come close to TPE and HKG in the visual appeal of garlic bread. None of this basket looked interesting to me, so I skipped the bread.

Dear Air Canada,
Thank you for an awesome, fresh, crisp salad with flavour. No need to even add the dressing.

After far too long with that silly cabbage thing for a salad, this is a very nice change for the better.

I don't eat shellfish, so photo only. Presentation is nice though.

This had to have been one of the worst beef meals in quite some time.

The beef was difficult to cut (not new here on AC FT), but it had a weird texture and the taste was just off somehow.

The potato gratin was wet and not nearly as good as the one served in previous versions.

I just left the dish as you see it and pushed it away.

This was fine. Also felt like crew were rationing the cheese and crackers.

This was weird. Pistachio brownie. Not brownie really but the bottom part was ok. The top layer had a mousse-gelatinous texture and I didn't like it.

I didn't find this particularly appealing.

Options for the breakfast were croissants and raisin bread, which looked interesting.

Raisin bread toast was ice cold. And hard. Why is that?

Gruyere omelette was nice. Roast potatoes were nice.

Finally, service just did not come close to even my recent excellent AC 872, AC 18, AC 15, AC 112. Just saying.
you must've gotten the same lame-buttocks SD that you and I got when we flew AC4 a few years back
the "bread" SD