FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EXP for 2019 going free agent - Warning YMMV
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:42 am
Dallas49er

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
EXP for 2019 going free agent - Warning YMMV

Warning: YMMV

DisAAdvantage changes have finally freed me, and driven me, and MrsDallas49er, to go free agent in 2019. We have both qualified for EXP-but if you ain't CK, you ain't s***!

Now semi-retired, where most travel is international (while I still can). We have an apartment in Paris, a bucket list a mile long and 50 yards wide, and (fortunately) we both worked hard enough to afford. MrsDallas49er also EXP since 2009

Question #1-Why should I chase "status", when if one is not CK, you ain't s***, and one's lower tier loyalty (EXP) is is continually being diluted, disrespected, and cheapened? Have you tried using one of your higher threshold/ fewer SWU's this year?

Question #2-Why should I ... be subject to, on most TATL and TPAC, to a mixed bag in flight crew of mostly ... ELDERLY burnouts, union protected burnouts and slugs, other burnouts, industrial strength attitudish, and people who just refuse to do their JOB, over and over, and over again (PDB anybody?)!, and then treat you like s...tuff (TPAC F FA refused turn down, saying it was "beneath" her). There is that occaisional superstar, but they will eventually be beaten down by the mediocrity. Other airlines, its like they are happy to welcome you.

Question #3-Why would I should I show loyalty to an airline/AIRLINE MANAGEMENT team that worships only their bottom line and shows me NO loyalty back?

Financial sales for 40+ years-Mr. Parker, I am revenue, and you are expense. Your model is flawed. Recognize this and Dare to be original

My hope is a visionary, AA, DL, UA ? recognizes BIS as well as $, but not holding my breath. That would require original, PAX based thinking, unheard of in the 21st century..

I will now vote with my $ and my butt. AA ain't going for great. Not even mediocre. Now just a P*** poor LCC with a legacy of an airline that used to be run by REAL airline people, not bean counters and spread sheet MBAs with zero real world human contact.

Maybe, with skilled (new) leadership, they could be one of the WORLDS top 100 airlines, but most likely not in my lifetime....

I am going for popcorn. Y'AAll can get your own.

FYI- 2018 Dallas49er AA Farewell tour-Tshirts available in the lobby
(8/29) DFW-BOS-PEK-BOS-DFW) In F/J
(9/26) DFW-BKK-CDG-DFW) In F
{11/10) DFW-SAN in F
(12/6) DFW-SDQ in F
(12/19) DFW-CDG In J

Last edited by Dallas49er; Aug 15, 2018 at 7:21 am Reason: Edited for rules compliance