FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which SFO - LHR plane would you take?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:47 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The 3-class (9 across) 777 is the 2nd best Y in the fleet. Perhaps the very best. I would take the conservative sure thing.

Of course, I always take even money with my 21 and often double for less against an A/10 showing at the BJ tables. I know...Weak!!
There's no such thing as a sure thing. The 9-across 772 could be swapped out with a reconfigured, 10-across 772.

There's no difference between even money and insurance, unless you're playing on a 6:5 table (don't, ever) in which case even money isn't offered anyway. And, there's no reason to double for less; double or don't double. Doubling for less is the worst of both worlds.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Saturday before Labor and Plat might have a chance to upgrade,
the Saturday after Labor Day -- best to focus on the E+ seat.
ITA Matrix shows an Aeromexico flight for $4052 RT; 737 to MEX and then 787 to LHR. The return flight is at 10:35 PM, but the fare is the same if you prefer to return Friday night (arriving Saturday afternoon) or Saturday night (arriving Sunday afternoon). There appears to be availability for Sep 1 - 7/8 or Sep 8 - 14/15. It won't help you re-qualify for Platinum, and it's not non-stop, but there's little chance AM is 10-across in J...