FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not permitted to fly - BAN from airline!
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:31 am
Badenoch
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by Mnyclfyer
I'm hoping to get some help here, I am extremely troubled and offended by what I think was prejudice against us at the airport.

There was a particular gate agent who just seemed to not like us at the airport yesterday from the moment we checked in. There is no explaining it other than prejudice of some kind but who knows. We had issues from the moment we checked in, after that we got bumped on standby on 2 flights and our 3rd flight which we had seats on got cancelled. There were major weather issues. We decided to go home and take the next available flight which was the next morning.

We arrived the next morning very early for our flight to find out we were not permitted to fly.

Here are some facts:
  • After some arduous airport issues and complete blatant misleading lies from employees my husband called this particular gate agent out for misleading us. My husband alone addressed her and they got into a heated argument in which he used a curse word towards her. He swore which was not acceptable but it was not a threat of any kind and was not malicious/racist/etc.
  • We called the evening before to verify our seats and were told nothing of this issue.
  • We arrived unknowlingly having spent another fortune on Uber's at the airport to find out this issue, how could we have not been made aware earlier?
  • According to their policies you have to be a threat to other passengers to be banned or not permitted on the flight, does swearing once at one person justify what they did? I don't think it does.
  • If my husband is the one who made the comment why were we all banned from flying?
As a result of their actions we missed an important family event and have lost 3 days of our trip not to mention an upsetting and horrible 2 days. I feel the only explanation was outright prejudice of some kind because nothing explains this. The particular agent and her manager were both incredibly rude to us from beginning to end.

I do think I have some legal standing here and will be looking into our legal options but I'd love to hear from some fellow travelers out there
Thanks in advance
Yes, it was absolutely prejudiced. Most employers are extraordinarily prejudiced toward those who get into heated arguments and curse at their staff. I'd have punted you too.

Maybe if you'd acted like adults when there were "major weather issues" you wouldn't have caused yourself to lose 3 days and an important family event.

Your legal position? I don't know because I'm not a lawyer. Your moral position? Indefensible. You got what you deserved.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 14, 2018 at 8:30 am Reason: snark