FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Densified 777 10 abreast: Reviews and Experiences
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:09 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by fl360
Just for some future people googled this page and trying to find out what do to with CX's 3-4-3 777s... here is a FAQ
Snip!.

but I think Cathay's a350 is still OK as it is still 3-3-3 for Y, and the A350 is only slightly narrower than the 777, unlike the 787 which is much narrower compared to the 777 and bloody Qantas stills cramps 3-3-3 in them.

Note this discussion is all about Y, PEY and J is another discussion.
I can understand your dread. I recently made plans to go from the UK to Australia and chose non-777 flights after making that mistake on Emirates once, not knowing it was 10 abreast. I've manged to go all A350s by flying into Brisbane and out of Melbourne to LGW. The only downside is the 6am arrival time back in London. I prefer the 3pm arrival as it helps with jetlag, but this gave me a little bit of more time in Melbourne and A350s all the way. If it wasn't for the sale, I wouldn't have booked with CX either. Their standard prices aren't competitive with the others. Had I paid the "normal" Y price, I would not be happy with the 777 and would have taken Qantas to Sydney on the A380 and transferred there.