FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:52 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA_Pax
Further to above that I posted Thursday, I have just received the below which is astonishing. Can’t be right can it? The reply quotes all 4 ticket numbers.
This mentioned a few times up thread, this is the Involuntary Fare Refund process, and on an Avios booking it isn't going to work, particularly if someone is using (e.g.) Tampa versus Orlando routings one way via AA. I agree with NWIFlyer that you better go back to BAEC, perhaps by telephone, to discuss this since this isn't the right process.

What I would do is a back of an envelope calculation of what the refund should look like, and press for that. The logic is shown via the link in post 5, and I would regard the 2-4-1 as being the equivalent number of Avios. This used to be disputed by BA but now seems to be accepted by at least the legal teams.