FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unpleasant experience: what to do? [merged]
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:07 am
arttravel

Programs: UA
I hope you are recovering from the flight and the surgery.

I am afraid that I have to agree with the previous posters. There is some general confusion on lie flat, and the difference between (angled) lie flat and full flat (ie horizontal) and such.

Given that aircraft changes happen and strikes happen it may have been better to book with an airline that has only full flat bed seats in case of an aircraft swap.

I am a little perplexed as to your complaints about the onboard crew. You want them to apologize; they have no idea what happened and what was or was not said. You want them to “think through” with you what the options are. I am sorry but no. They have a limited amount of time to seat passengers and prepare the aircraft for an on time departure.
And I am sorry, this “not put profits in front of a person’s medical situation” they are a business trying to get a plane safely from A to B safely and on time.

You chose to fly with many medical restrictions and did not ask the not for profit to delay the project until the risks especially the thrombosis diminished.

Air France is not clear on the angle vs fully flat issue and that is not good. However there are resources available to verify the information and options other than Air France customer service especially this forum; people routinely ask which is better taking airline X aircraft Y or airline B aircraft C, and people are happy to help.

And why not take the 777 back? Because you would lose a day of work? Is that putting profits before health?
Why risk it? For customer service the difference of 10 or 15 degrees in recline may not be significant but for someone with a medical condition it can make a world of difference.

And remember when asking the airline “to take the perspective of the person they are working with”. There are maybe 500 hundred other people on the flight; some may have compelling reasons in hoping to arrive on time, such as ill family and friends. I know people that did not make it in time to say goodbye. All I can say is I was very relieved when I was in that situation that there was an ontime departure so I could be there.