FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Densified 777 10 abreast: Reviews and Experiences
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:18 am
ckx2

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by fl360
Just for some future people googled this page and trying to find out what do to with CX's 3-4-3 777s... here is a FAQ

Question : I recently flew CX's new 777 with 3-4-3 seating, and the seats are so narrow and even I saved $50 USD, I end up have to spend $200 USD for a physiotherapist, there is a guy a few rows from me actually ending up detained in a police cell in HK because he had a fight with the next passenger next to him over shoulder space as they both have board shoulders.

Q: but all the CX fanboy tell us this is what all airlines do nowadays with their 777, so I have no alternatives ?
A: that's BS, read below.....

Q : I live in UK / Europe, what to do ?
A: try BA's A380 to HK, the A380's Y 3-4-3 lower deck and 2-4-2 upper deck is the best Y seats nowadays in terms of Y passenger comfort.

Q: I live in Australia, what to do ?
A: for direct flights, try Qantas's A380 to HK,
if you are going to USA from Australia, use Delta's 777 as they are still 3-3-3, or Qantas's A380 to the USA.
if you are going to Europe from Australia, secure a discount fare when SQ have specials, their 777 are still 3-3-3 and even better, fly their A380s.
Also consider flying Chinese airlines' they often have specials, and do your research on their seating arrangements, for business class, consider China airlines (transit via TPE) as often they have business class specials to europe and USA for around 4k AUD, that's half the price of Cathay / Qantas. China airlines business class is 1-2-1 seating, it is the same as Cathay's business class, google it.

Q: I based in HK, what to do ?
A: for flights under 3 hours, pick whatever the cheapest
for long haul to USA, try Singapore airlines, Chinese airlines, and China airlines transit via TPE. Note if you are oneworld sapphire or above, you can fly AA's main cabin extra for free for yourself and all of your companions in the same booking, that's a very good bonus.
for long haul to Europe, consider BA's A380. or Chinese airlines, and China airlines.

but I think Cathay's a350 is still OK as it is still 3-3-3 for Y, and the A350 is only slightly narrower than the 777, unlike the 787 which is much narrower compared to the 777 and bloody Qantas stills cramps 3-3-3 in them.

Note this discussion is all about Y, PEY and J is another discussion.
That's a lot of drama for being poor.