FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:26 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Keyser

all my work stays are reimbursed by clients so nothing comes out of my pocket....depending on different clients, i am typically allowed anywhere between $350 - $500 to spend on a room per night so i can book enhanced rooms if i want....however, i don't feel it is ethical to have my clients spend more just so i can get a higher status with a loyalty program....

i was surprised to get an invitation when the ambassador program first started on an invitation only basis in 2011 & i would be even more surprised to get one now....if i was a few hundred $ short of the requirement then i may consider spending that to get the your24 benefit....anything more than that & i'll just pass....
Agreed on the ethics point.

And, as a legacy Marriott Plat Premier, I've never had an issue contacting the property and getting an early check-in, so I'm not seeing any particular value proposition for the Your24 benefit that would make it worth spending much of anything. Of course, I am aware that in parts of the world, lots of flights arrive early morning and there are hotels that make money by charging for early check-in.