FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preview: New Program’s T&Cs
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:21 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stimpy
The part about benefits only on qualifying rates meant something completely different to me. The first thing I thought of is that there are no benefits on award nights. This is an issue with IC hotels, however the vast majority of IC hotels still give benefits to their top elites on award stays. And the few that don't are shunned by top elites.

So i scanned the "leaked" text (I think it was leaked on purpose so the Internet could give it a solid critique, which is a very good idea) and I don't see anywhere explicitly stated that elites get benefits on award nights. Or did I miss that? I don't think that Marriott will tell any hotel that they should not give benefits on award nights, but unscrupulous hotels could deny award night benefits as these T's and C's do not explicitly give us any award night benefits. Right?
The T&C specifically state (§3.2.h):
An Award Redemption Stay at a Participating Property is considered a Qualifying Stay
Under these T&C, you will get elite benes on an award night. You won't get them on an OTA booked rate, because that is a "Non-Qualifying Rate."

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 12, 2018 at 2:31 am