FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preview: New Program’s T&Cs
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:56 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The part about benefits only on qualifying rates meant something completely different to me. The first thing I thought of is that there are no benefits on award nights. This is an issue with IC hotels, however the vast majority of IC hotels still give benefits to their top elites on award stays. And the few that don't are shunned by top elites.

So i scanned the "leaked" text (I think it was leaked on purpose so the Internet could give it a solid critique, which is a very good idea) and I don't see anywhere explicitly stated that elites get benefits on award nights. Or did I miss that? I don't think that Marriott will tell any hotel that they should not give benefits on award nights, but unscrupulous hotels could deny award night benefits as these T's and C's do not explicitly give us any award night benefits. Right?

================================================== ================================================

2.7 Foreign Exchange.
The amount of Points earned at Participating Properties where a non-U.S. dollar currency is used will be calculated based on Qualifying Charges converted to U.S. dollar at the exchange rate selected by the Company. This may be the foreign exchange rate used by a Participating Property at check-in, at check-out or another rate selected by the Company and may not be the same rate used for currency conversions on the Member's folio.
I hate this as it gives them the right to establish abusive exchange rates. Amex got sued for this in the US and lost. But that was concerning real money.