FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few questions about a trip in FC
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:25 am
TheHorta

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Lufthomie
Yes Horta, I am handling everything. The only thing we did together was book through our mutual checking account. I upgraded everything from my personal debit card.
My wife is not OCD like am. I'm checking the DL app all the time. I really think she doesn't care since it's booked and we have the original printed confirmation on the fridge.

Your right about having breakfast at the 4s too, I just wanted to take her through the lounge so she can see what's offered with a Z class ticket maybe have a drink.
I want this trip to be very special for her. It's going to be fun to see her reaction.

Thanks for your advice
Treat her like the Queen she is! ;-)

FT is a two-edged sword. Most here are jaded travelers that don’t view First Class and Sky Clubs as anything special, unlike your wife who will undoubtedly love the “upper crust” treatment. It’s nice to indulge, so by all means enjoy a Mimosa at the club en route to your gate, then have another onboard.

Also, remember that FC boards in PREMIUM, which is above Sky Priority and boards immediately after preboards and military. To make it extra-special, if the Gate Agent isn’t swamped and seems cordial, let them know that this is a special trip for your wife and First Class might be commonplace for them but it’s a new experience for her and — in some cases — they might tell the flight crew, which might result in a visit from the captain to your seats. That’ll give her another story to tell when she gets back (or nothing at all will happen, but never hurts to tell the GA).

Also, if you happen to be a “cute old couple”, agents are often willing to go out of their way to make things more pleasant for you.

Obviously, just don’t be a pest. ;-)