FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Informed of Delayed Flight means I miss my connection - need some help please
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:26 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Though the flight indeed is delayed, I suspect passengers will be there are 06:00 hrs onwards and I further suspect that there will be ground agents on duty at that time too.

So in your position I would leave it to the airport, get there just before 06:00 hrs and see what they can do. If they won't rebook via KLM, then you can ask them to protect LHR-ORD (and then buy a walk-up fare on KLM). There will be a lot of people with on-carriage connections so this may be a slow process and the agents may just want everyone to rebook in LHR, but you can at least try it. It will help if you can go HBO.

There is also a 12:15 hrs AA flight (which doesn't help the new AMS service it's below MCT) and a United service at 14:50 hrs. If you accepted the new timings you don't lose your EC261 eligibility, assuming the reason is due to crew shortage (etc).

Incidentally there is a procedure for Amex to offload their clients, via their Trade Manage My Booking / Manage Booking link