FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:25 pm
TropicalTripper

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
AA2546
DCA-ORD
Depart: 1105 (actually pushed back 1140)
Arrive: 1221 (actual arrival 1235)

Seat 5E
Modified PDB. Due to late arrival of the aircraft, the F/A walked around with waters on a tray after boarding was complete and we were waiting on maintenance to sign off on something. She did say, "can I get you something to drink?", but I didn't hear anyone try to order anything other than water.

Pre-order of Greek salad with chicken acknowledged. The other choice was lasagna. Warm nuts served with a Voodoo Ranger.

Salad was tasty. Exactly what I was expecting. It was decent.

Warm snickerdoodle and chocolate chip cookies offered as we began descent.

AA1165
ORD-SEA
Depart: 1356
Arrive: 1627

Seat 4E

Full PDB offered. I asked for a Voodoo Ranger and was given the whole can

Preorder acknowledged, but the flight attendant said it was 'lasagna', not the Poblano pepper I had preordered. I thought it was a misunderstanding, but sure enough, I was served Lasagna. Super disappointed as I had been looking forward to the peppers. Meal was described as followed when I preordered: "Poblano Peppers, Stuffed with manchego, queso fresco, Monterey Jack and Cotija cheese with piquillo pepper sauce and cilantro rice". The other option during pre-order was the "New School Niçoise Salad", which was catered. My seatmate ordered this.

I've had lasagna on AA before and it was okay, but this lasagna was particularly bland. I dumped a whole packet of pepper on it. Choice of warm chocolate chip and snickerdoodle cookies offered after trays were cleared. No snack baskets. Flight attendants were moderately attentive.

I wrote AA to point out the catering mishap. No response yet.