FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tour of 10 cities promotes new RR Priority CC; up to 65K bonus, $149 fee
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:46 pm
UALOneKPlus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
interesting SWA priority card upgrade via email link

I upgraded via email invitation from my SWA premier card to the Priority card in late July. I entered my information on the upgrade website, and it said I would receive a confirmation in 3-4 business days. 2-3 weeks later I still have not received any email confirmation of the upgrade, and I couldn't tell when I log into my Chase account online if the card upgraded or not.

So I called Chase customer service and they confirmed my card was upgraded 4 days after I requested it, unbeknownst to me. I can see today that indeed I have the $75 credit that has been applied to various WN charges.

The agent said that even though my account was upgraded, my new card was not automatically ordered, so a manual request was put into order my new credit card. My old card will be valid for 90 days after the upgrade, to allow the overlap of the changeover.

So the online upgrade process appears to be somewhat glitchy, and we may not know if we are upgraded or not until we see the $75 credit being applied or calling in to ask. If I had not called, I would not have received the new card.