FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:35 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by phltraveler
I have a a few good ones.
The old Rewarding Events program page said that you'd earn silver after your first meeting (true, as silver was 10 nights) and that each meeting earned 10 nights.
The new Rewarding Events program page on members.marriott.com says you'll earn ten elite nights after your first meeting, and then 1 elite night per 20 hotel room nights on the contract (basically copying SPG Pro).
My point was, there are/were two different programs under the Rewarding Events name, one dealt with events that included guest rooms so a meeting planner would get some credit for arranging the event and there was a second one that addressed people that needed just meeting space. It seems all material for the second program had disappeared some time ago, yet the program continued. It appears to me the original program is all that is what's being thrown out there as the total solution. Also, I'm not seeing where it says you will get the 10 nights only on the first meeting...

I don't know if they will ever clear this up, but hope they do make some clarifications. We all will have our own opinion but the only thing that counts is what they do. Fortunately, I don't expect to make use of this benefit, so no skin in this game.