FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion status changes, effects on existing reservations
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:50 am
smallbizzguy

Just became Silver Medallion, can't change seats to preferred on existing itinerary.

I always fly Delta, and finally picked up a delta amex and cycled $50k through it in a month. With the bonus setup, I'm now silver medallion.

I have a flight booked already (I used amex points for all 4, Ticket code T) for four of us to Vegas. I was under the impression that once I turned silver, I could choose exit rows, or other seats marked "preferred", but I am still being charged $89.99 for each seat when I try to make that selection.

Are the benefits capped at 2 people (me and a companion) and that is why I'm not being allowed to make that selection? Is it because the ticket was booked in advance?

If it deals with the 4 people being booked together, is there any way to book for 2 people 2 times to get around that issue? I also have AMEX plat and an AMEX plat business, so I already get free bags on whatever flights I book.

Thank you in advance!