FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:24 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I've been pretty much just a Connaught regular over the past few years. Just very solid service, very friendly. I used to be quite partial to Browns, and still love the aesthetic, but the Connaught service seems a little more in tune with what I like.
As the self-appointed Connaught fanboy of the forum, I would still advise on The Beaumont if service is a key consideration. I stayed there a few nights ago, once again in ROOM (pics below from previous stay) and really appreciate how well they understand their guests. It doesn't matter if someone is new, every member of staff knows exactly who we are and treats us superbly. I was out having dinner and needed my laptop urgently for a work related matter, and they just came and dropped it off at the restaurant for me. The team is mostly ex-Connaught anyway, all through the GM, Front Office Manager, Head of Security, F&B and probably more I'm missing. I have not been wowed at The Connaught in a long time, which is, of course down to some familiarity of having stayed there over 150 times, but also the huge turnover of staff. I was there a few weeks ago and did not recognise anyone. Still, just as I think I'm out, it pulls me back in, so we are staying this Sunday and I'll undoubtedly love it again. If you could only swap all the staff between The Beaumont and The Connaught, you would have one of the finest city hotels in the world.