FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enormous price difference on Mint seats only 1 week apart
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:08 am
rje444

Enormous price difference on Mint seats only 1 week apart

Two weeks ago I bought seats in Mint, Liberia-JFK for February. The price was $311 per seat, 1-way because it was a new route (Mint is only available on that route on Saturdays).

We had wanted to fly on Saturday February 23, but those same Mint seats were priced at $2170 per seat, 1-way!

I saw that the Saturday before and the Saturday after were both $311. So what a huge difference on February 23! I see that as of today the price has not changed and that not surprisingly they haven't sold a single Mint seat at that price.

I called jetBlue and the rep said it had to be a mistake and put me on hold while she checked with a supervisor. When she came back she was surprised to have found out that $2170 was the correct price, but she had no idea why. So we bought tickets on another date for 7 times less!

Has anyone ever seen such a huge difference in price on jetBlue Mint seats when only 1 week apart? And any theories as to why February 23 is so expensive?