FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Luggage - Customs Regulations
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:56 am
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Lost Luggage - Customs Regulations

Arrived today in Casablanca from LHR via MAD on BA ticket, BA flight numbers, second flight on Iberia metal. All my checked luggage didn't arrive along with luggage for about 10 other passengers on same flight.

At present the location of the luggage is unknown. Completed a luggage irregularity report at the airport with the handling agent.

Can anyone help me with the following:

1. Initially handling agent stated they would not get luggage once found to me at my hotel in Rabat as I was too far (about 80km). When I challenged this the agent changed to saying I had to collect at the airport for security reasons. Later she said due to customs reasons before reverting to security. Does anyone know if there are separate rules for Morocco which prevents courier transfer of luggage?

2. Is BA the responsible carrier being a BA ticket and BA flight numbers or is it Iberia being the last operator of the metal?

3. I know I can buy essentials and try to claim back, however if instead I use hotel express laundry on the single change of clothes in my cabin luggage can I claim that back or am I better buying limited new items. Laundry is chaeper but will BA see it that way?

Thanks for any insights

Last edited by cwl; Aug 10, 2018 at 10:04 am