FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC007 switching from 777HD to 789 on Oct 28
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:45 am
tracon

Originally Posted by YYT82

I haven't flown CX on the YVR-HKG route, but a quick search on Seatguru reveals 9-across in Y on their 77W compared to AC's slaveship. Crowd flying between HKG and YVR/YYZ who are from Hong Kong usually don't think about flying NA-based airlines, and add to the fact that CX Y is more comfortable (seat width and food) than AC Y in HD, I can't say I'm surprised. I am just surprised it took this long.

This likely won't be the first capacity reduction on the TPAC route, YYZ-HKG could be next if AC can't keep up with CX. AC YVR-TPE flights have a horrible OTP record and the Taiwan based crowd still prefer BR/CI over AC.

The moment of truth will be when AC publishes its summer 2019 schedule, then we'll know for sure if the change is permanent.

CX has 10X seating on some 777's. They haven\t been scheduled for North America......yet.

Previous winters, AC has reduced capacity YVR-HKG by reducing the schedule to 5-6X/week during the slowest periods.
Maybe this year daily will be maintained for the entire schedule.
Originally Posted by skybluesea
As such, The AC HD 77W appears to have served its purpose on the HKG route, and NOBODY is forcibly required to board when making a choice to purchase an AC ticket on this route, or any other route where this aircraft may get redeployed..

Edicate yourself on what is still happening and what Air Canada doing to combat this cruel trade.

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...ement-2016.pdf

Despite the CEO's statement, the term you refer to originated within AC.