FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jet-lagged Sleep in Chicago?
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:46 am
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by diburning
I'm planning on booking tickets where I'm arriving early in the morning into Chicago, and won't be leaving until the evening. What's a good place to get some sleep in Chicago during the day?

There's a Hilton or two that will do a day rate, but is there an easier/less expensive way? Should I try booking a hotel for a night, and try to see if they had a room to let me check in early? Are there any other (hopefully less expensive) options?
There are several options for day rooms at/near O'Hare. To be totally transparent, I have never used them as I live about 20 minutes from ORD. Just do an internet search for "O'Hare hotel day rooms" and you will see the sites for searching or the properties themselves.

In general the Hilton is the most convenient for getting to/from the terminals as it is connected via underground tunnel to the airport itself. It also tends to be the most expensive. There is nothing there except the hotel and the airport. Many of the other hotels that offer day rates are also a but isolated but all should have a free airport shuttle.

If you want to be able to get away form the hotel and do something, I would look for a day rate at one of the properties on River Road in Rosemont near the convention center. There are stores, movie theaters, restaurants all within a mile.