FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VRBO service issues - anyone have any senior contacts?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:38 pm
Professor Yaffle

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
VRBO service issues - anyone have any senior contacts?

I have had a nightmare with VRBO over the last few weeks. In short, a premium booking made 6 months in advance was canx by VRBO at 10 days notice due to licencing issues (despite them reassuring me a week prior that there were no issues with the booking whatsoever). I was travelling remotely at the time, and was not able to make an alternate booking on VRBO because a) there were no suitable properties on the website, and b) I could not reach traveller care to discuss the case (30 mins on hold on an international cellphone from a remote national park, and I failed to get through...).
I had no choice but to book hotel accomodation at an additional cost of $1,500, which I fully expected to be covered by their traveller care programme. Since reaching civilisation, I have been given the massive run-around by VRBO. Whilst some of the 'resolutions agents' are very helpful, the Trust and Security Team that deals with these cases arent interested, refuse to discuss the matter and just keep quoting T&Cs at me.

I feel that my best course of action is a direct email to a C-suite level person within VRBO / HomeAway. Does anyone have any experience of complaints escalation with these guys, or any direct senior contacts? PM me if you can.

Thanks in advance.