FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: AA In-Flight WiFi 2018 (Gogo, ViaSat, Panasonic)
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:58 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
I used to have Gogo passes from my Credit Card. Since I travel monthly on the transcon route I could just use the Gogo passes for a good value. However a few days ago when I boarded a 321T I found the Wi-Fi to be converted to Viasat, which asks $16 for the entire flight. I know it’s not a bad price, but not as good either given that I won’t use Wi-Fi as much since on most tcon flights I tend to sleep more and connect less. The free passes are great (even if you buy these passes on eBay they get you 10ish for like 40 dollars). But $16 for like around 2 hours of connectivity? Not quiet.

I hope Viasat would eventually offer passes like Gogo does... This would be fantastic. Also have all the 321Ts been converted to Viasat? At least I hope I could use my remaining passes on tcon...
Two A321Ts (of 17) have been converted to Viasat: N102NN and N103NN, according to the unofficial AA fleet site (link in Wikipost at top of page) A321T listing.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 9, 2018 at 12:04 pm