FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:27 am
walterj

Originally Posted by Happy
To the Experts,

When you get the 7-10 days screen with an Application ID, which Tel number in the Wiki you use to call?

There is no phone number on the screen nor in the email I got, unlike several apps ago when I started with a Public Offer it gave me "unable to finish your request" message and give the 1-888-201-4523 that went to Philippines, more like an ID verification thing.
I got the 7-10 days screen for the first time, three weeks ago, I applied on a Thursday and I got a call on my answering machine, the Tuesday after, 5 days later. The message consisted of a telephone number, a reference number and security code. They asked a few questions confirming my identity and expressly asked if it was I who applied for the card. It was then approved.

My DW applied a day later and got 7-10 days screen. Five days later she was automatically approved by email. If you read the thread, this 7-10 screen without a call back number is relatively new; a few other people with 7-10 days screen, tried calling and were told to wait. So, I would wait a week and call only if you don't hear anything.

I think the 7-10 day screen very likely indicates an approval.