FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:01 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I Ron Butterfly
I've had a similar experience but it's been almost a month now. Agents who say it looks like something wrong with the Cathay inventory, it doesn't show that the space isn't available, just that it's not updated. Some have said there's a known issue, and to check back in a few days. I was watching the availability for a few weeks, and when I went to actually book ALL of the availability for my route (HKG-BKK) disappeared - all days, all fare classes. I've been assured by a couple fo international desk agents (who again, sound like they know what they're talking about) to just be persistent. But I'm getting a bit concerned!
Try to search an itinerary with HKG as the middle connection point you will see lots of availability but AS could not book those. This has been going on since June 22nd and greatly affecting the HKG based Asia Miles members, when CX employs this tactics to prevent partner redemption.

You guys should follow the main thread in CX forum for the ongoing issues post June 22nd CX "Updates" (devaluation).

What you have encountered is Married Segment issue that has affect virtually all partners but especially true for AS and BA due to these 2 programs can NOT book Married Segment and later after ticketing, let you drop one segment, like AA can.

Go to CX forum and read the Post June 22nd thread and understand the current issues that also affects Asia Miles / Marco Polo members so you dont keep wasting your time to call AS because as of now, there is NO solution because CX just would not play ball, not even with their own members.