FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:15 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by wxguy
Flew BKK-HKG on HX, the dreaded 0415 departure to connect to UA at HKG. We had a nice A330 with just two of us in J, the other pax being Mr. DYK. Arriving at HKG I queued up at the W1 transfer desk in the Premier Access lane to get my BP for F on the 3-class 772 to ORD, and Mr. DYK was behind me. I could hear him complain to the contract security agent asking the questions to get the passport sticker-of-the-day. "Do you know I'm United's number one customer? Why should I have to stand in this line?" Oy, I know Tom Stucker ua1flyer and Mr. DYK certainly wasn't our friend Tom!

Later we cleared security, took the train to the main terminal, and headed up to the lounges. I turned right in to the FCL, he went into the UC. Now IKWY Aren't!
When I read stories like these I so want to ask Mr DYKWIA if they remember "slumming" it in Y before they had status. Each of us is just trying to make it through each day and hopefully spread some joy in the process. The joy in this tale is presumably each person who had to deal with this person was glad to see the back of them. Mr DYW not wxguy.