FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:44 pm
musicscrip

Originally Posted by DELee
Highlighted text is untrue. This property has the highest percentage of suites per room count of Marriott properties in the London area (see wiki in Marriott-family hotels in London, England):

What is true at this property is that the suites sell out given its clientele base.

David
My husband is platinum with Marriott and I mentioned it to the hotel front desk on the 3rd day of our 7 nights stay there and finally found out that they would be willing to give me a suite upgrade for 5 nights of our stay after the hell of not having a bathtub in both rooms for our 1 and 3y olds. It was extremely hard to shower an 1y old in the smallest shower in the whole property.

Then for the next 5 days, I check every night and none of the suites were sold out during first week of Aug. I feel they still might not give platinum members to upgrade to suites even if it's not sold out for the whole week..it's really bt luck especially we stayed for 7 nights and booked 2 rooms.

We ended up to give the upgrade suite to my parents because they were given a very gross room - the wheelechair accessble room. They are perfectly healthy so i have no idea why the hotel assigned them that room.

We still end up not having a bathtub for the whole week in that hotel with our 1 and 3y old so we just went to my parents suite eacn night to give both kids a bath.