FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated EWR connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:13 am
ACflyerDE

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You can take the connecting bus between Terminal C and Terminal B without having to get out of the secure area so no need to go through security again..

That being said: 40 minutes is shorter than what I would be comfortable with. When is your flight? If between now and your flight, there's a schedule change that shortens the time, if I were you I would use that to ask to be switched to an earlier flight in SJU. Or if you can, try to do a Same Day Change on the day of the flight to an earlier departing flight from SJU.
Thanks a lot for the advice. There is still a few months to go until my flight, so I guess lots of things can happen between now and then schedule-wise. I used a saver award in First (UA) / Business (LH) for this and the UA flight from SJU leaves around 1pm. The earlier flight from SJU leaves around 1am, which would mean a redeye combined with a long layover at EWR. I would much rather take a later flight to FRA on UA metal (no saver availability at this time) that leaves about 2h after the LH flight if that was an option. In case my SJU-EWR flight is rescheduled to depart later and therefore violating the MCT at EWR, would UA open up (saver) award space on the UA flight EWR-FRA for me?