Old Aug 8, 18, 6:02 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dmandan5 View Post
I understand itís based on the time doors open upon arrival. But my question is whether the scheduled arrival time that will be used for EU261 claim in this case would be the original arrival time of 21:05 (since the schedule change occurred 7-14 days before departure) or the updated arrival time of 00:05? Basically if the flight opens itís doors at precisely the newly scheduled time of 00:05 will I be due compensation since itís 4 hours later than the originally scheduled arrival time of 20:05? Keeping in mind schedule change occurred 8 days from departure.
Since your flight is delayed, rather than cancelled, then it's doors open versus 20:05, and the relevant time is 3 hours, not 4 hours. The airline may disagree with this, and they did offer rebook / cancel options, which they don't need to do with delays below 5 hours, so there is another side to the argument.