FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage allowance on SAS-operated Etihad codeshare flights
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:14 am
East_and_West

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by JR67
Yes. I was mainly just saying that I didn't see it even becoming an issue, but if it did, she still has Etihad's documentation to fall back on. :-)
Precisely that.

Originally Posted by Jainzar
But is it really that simple? When I travel with bulky sport luggage many airlines require to register it in advance and my MSC still points me to do the same for all the other operating airlines in my ticket.
I think that according to the MSC clause it should be... I have flown several times multi-segment trips with airlines with different baggage allowances (mainly when travelling to the Far East, where the allowances are mostly quoted in total weight rather than in weight per piece), and this has always been the case. As a *G I have been allowed to check-in 30kg bags from Europe already even when flying in Y, and the first segment is an intra-European one. Yet since I have never taken my innebandy club on any of these trips, I cannot make a statement about sports equipment or other oddly-shaped items. In practice it may well be that different rules apply to such items.