FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelpro Magna 2 line discontinued? Platinum Elite instead?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:07 pm
Stockjock

Originally Posted by ThatMisoGuy
The Magna 2 line does not seem to be featured on Travelpro's site anymore, and its products are going out of stock in lots of online outlets. Has it been discontinued?

Is the Platinum Elite its replacement? If so, how do the features line up? I've done a bit of searching but my Google-fu is weak...
I write reviews for (ahem) "a major online retailer" and received 2 TravelPro Platinum Elite samples to review.

While the samples were provided on a complimentary basis, I do have to pay tax on the items and there is zero pressure to provide a favorable review. I received the carry-on spinner and the 25" bag.

In short, I was really impressed by the Platinum Elite line. Excellent materials, thoughtful layout, rolls so easily, obviously a great warranty, and a lot more room than you'd suppose to pack stuff in. The tiny spinner is especially surprising, as it doesn't look like it would hold much, but it does. Even the fabrics used are nice looking.

I have zero experience with Magna 2, although I've purchased and used other Travelpro products including various Crew and Maxlite bags. But I really liked the Platinum Elite line a lot. Flying to Shanghai soon for a couple of weeks in China and Japan. I'll be interested to see how the bags hold up, but so far I definitely do like them.