FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Hyatt Ka'anapali, Maui "Package"
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:17 pm
adamak

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Did the same thing in March this year. Bought package in Sept / Oct 2017 (can't remember exactly when). Did the presentation. The sales guy wasn't too pushy. We told him upfront that we are in the for the points, so he only talked for 45 min or so. The lady who finished the sales was pushy. Kept selling us a return visit for $2500 for 5 nights. Which to me is not a good deal.

1. We stayed at the Time Share building 2 bedroom. Was able to use the hotel facilities.

2. They have very limited 1 bedroom available (confirmed during presentation). We're 2 adults + 1 child and had to book a 2 bedroom ocean view (aka more $$$ less # of days when I confirmed the room). We went during mid March which is not spring break or other peak time. I would be fine with a no-view 1 bedroom, but ocean view 2 / 3 bedrooms are the only one available.

3. They are usually booked solid during holidays including school off days. You probably will need to be flexible.

We almost missed our trip due to the Northeaster. I called and asked what their cancellation policy is (normally not cancellable). They offered a fee (couple hundred bucks) to rebook the rooms within a month (or something like that). Luckily we didn't have to cancel.