FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading a companion when medallion is in paid F
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:54 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I'm sorry I don't remember where they fell on the list, though I think it was low--however, that they cleared at all probably means they were not at the bottom.

So on separate PNRs it's at 24 hours or later but still ranked by the elite's status among those waiting for upgrade at that point? And how does fare class play into this? Is it the general member's fare class or does the F fare class (or GAP) play into this somehow?
As agent explained, everything else stays the same. It's just they basically get upgraded to the sponsoring medallions elite level for purposes of elite level priority. If they have an X fare then grouping is still off the X fare class group. I've asked agents over the phone and been told the same. However I only have the 1 experience to guide me, but it does match what I was told.