FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some Guidance on PLAT
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:15 pm
TomBrady

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Hi Everyone,

Appreciate the responses. I am leaning towards not getting the card. You guys are making great points, similar to ones I kind of was coming up with on my own. PHL (my main airport) has a centurion lounge, which looks nice, but is it that much better than the AA lounge? (im really asking I dont know). Also PHL being a AA hub, pretty much all of my flights are on AA or very infrequently a budget carrier hence the AAviator red card. As I have stated, I would mainly use the PLAT for food and other miscellaneous expenses on the road, would probably shift my rental car expenses too it also. Maybe I would use this to book some personal travel outside of my preferred programs. I will investigate getting the AF reimbursed as an airline membership. That could make it worth it.

Another Question about the concierge and benefits, and the international airline program. Are the flights really that much cheaper by booking through them? I’m not going to lie, most of my international travel is booked in coach, or upgraded by miles. I don’t have $5000 a ticket lying around for paid F/J class. Is the concierge able to book really hard to get reservations?