FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United has its groove back
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:31 pm
MysteryTour

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
I've had more late and cancelled flights this year - most because of mechanical issues. Out of 12 round trips, 6 have landed me late by between 1 and 3 hours either outbound, return or both. I only had 3 late situations out of the first 12 trips last year.

The food in Polaris has become unappealing to me again after a period of being relatively decent after the Polaris launch. I pretty much never eat the food in domestic first because I find it unappealing. That's not really new this year. I fly through DEN a lot and the only option for many months was the infamous DENburger.

I will be dropping my United Club membership when it expires at the end of the month because of crowds and food that I pretty much never touch.

We fly to Hawaii once or twice a year, and had the displeasure of sitting in a 10 across 777 on one trip this year. That is not a good way to start a vacation.

I have seen more flights to home location - COS - served by CRJ200 and ERJ145 versus CRJ700 and ERJ175 this year compared to last.

I have had more trouble finding connections through IAH to the east southeast this year. This year I have connected entirely through DEN which limits my options.

Ticket prices are generally up compared to last year for like destinations and times of the year.

My upgrade rate is about the same as last year.

I can't think of anything that I would say has gone better for me this year compared to last.