FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - book on SPG website = not an eligible rate?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:00 pm
red star

Originally Posted by HNS
I currently have the same issue:

Booked a stay, the rate was the family package (get second room for 50% off) but then plans changed and I gave up the second room. The rate was not discounted, it had the same price as a regular room. I was credited the points but not the nights. Is there a circumstance where you can receive points but not nights (for an ineligible stay)?
I called the support (two times) and the first rep said the rate is ineligible because only one room was paid for (this is not mentioned in the rate rules), the second said the rate is eligible. Just curious which one of the two is it. Currently waiting the reply from research...

Rate details: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Get 50% off your second room plus kids eat free. Terms & Conditions
The FMPKG50 rate for EAME is of course an eligible rate as long as you book it via SPG. Even though it is called a „package“ you can book that rate stand alone. Well, nobody in its right mind would do that if you do not plan to book a second room. But you can.