FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Aug 6, 18, 1:10 pm
bzcat

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wervk View Post
Hello. Just registered and hope this is the right thread to ask about my concerns.
I have a flight from LAX-HNL tomorrow morning with a 52 minute connection (EDIT: I'm flying in from another state to LAX). Did not know about Eagle's Nest until checking in for the trip this morning.
Had I known sooner, I would have booked a different flight.
My main concern is getting to Terminal 5. I've been looking at the maps and reading posts from various sites, and am I assuming correctly that there is no escalator?
I'm taking this trip with my parents, and my dad is a senior citizen. There is no way he can walk up a set of stairs while carrying a bag.
Of course, we could just check-in his bag, but my parents are dead-set on not paying the checked bag fee.

I just would like to know if 52 minutes is doable, especially in the morning, and how much of a pain the stairs will be. Thank you.
52 min should be fine if there are no inbound delays on your flight to LAX. The shuttle bus ride from Eagle's Nest to main terminal is about 15~20 min so you should make the final boarding call to HNL. If you are checked in all the way, AA will most likely wait for you to show up (gate agent can see your inbound flight has landed)

The only steps your dad need to climb is the one or two steps when getting in the shuttle bus from Eagle's Nest to T4. Otherwise, there is ramps and/or escalator the whole way.

The LAX-HNL flight typically departs from T4 so I'm not sure why you mention T5. Double check the boarding gate on the day of departure.