FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:21 am
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
At about midnight CST (~T-65), the placeholder was gone and looks like new configuration is scheduled. Only one coach seat (24D) was available on placeholder. Now, a whole bunch of additional seats/rows now selectable. Took 8D, freeing up 21C. Now I just need RPU to clear so this exercise is a waste of my time

Edit: Less than 12 hours later, switched to old configuration...
Stitched to 9C from 8C. Whoever was in row 9 on placeholder and in new configuration may have switched themselves to (now) bad seats, maybe row 23? . Should be safe whatever shows up if upgrade doesn't come though.
Just curious about the potential issue of shifting from as you suggested row 9 to 23 for example. With the updated and supposedly now accurate seat chart that row (23) is not E+ (and for that matter not an exit row) would that passenger not have a legitimate complaint at checking in? I know I would not be happy and given from what I see I could very easily do just what you suggest may have happened.