FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by rocyvr
I am considering purchasing the one-day pass at check in flying ROC-ORD-PHL this Wednesday evening and then connecting from PHL-MIA-STX the following morning, all on the same award ticket itinerary. Wondering if the pass will still be valid for the final layover in MIA? Or will it time out after departing PHL? With a 5:00AM departure from PHL there won't really any time to make use of the pass there, but the 4-plus hours I have in MIA would be where I would want to use it the most.

Thanks!
I’m sorry to say “it appears not”. A One Day Pass is good for one specific day. It could be good for PHL if you’d been traveling in on a redeye, but definitely not for MIA. Excerpts from the aa.com page:

“$59 day pass valid for one day. If you are traveling through multiple cities with lounges, you may use the same day pass to access more than one lounge that day (if traveling overnight, pass is also valid at the first point of arrival the following day). Admirals Club lounges in Canada, Europe, Asia, Central and South America located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport restrictions.”

“Day pass is non-refundable, non-changeable, non-transferable, and valid only on date of visit. Day pass is only valid for use by the named pass-holder as printed on the pass.”