FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:37 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by woglet86
Hi,
(i have already been automatically rebooked on another LGW-AMS, but it's below MCT so it won't stick).
Is that the BA2760 at 10:40? If so that is within MCT.

Your options are indeed to cancel the ticket for a full refund (assuming you haven't travelled any of it); or a reroute at a time of your choosing (e.g. your next ex AMS service). There are various rules on fare buckets but on that route I doubt you will be denied a move to more or less any service. You could only get compensation if the flight suggested by BA (which could also be LCY....) was more than 4 hours late into AMS (see 4.1.ii of the Regs). If you choose another option that takes longer than that I can't see that giving you compensation. Ditto with the cancellation if BA proposes a schedule inside the 4 hour margin then a cancellation gives no extra compensation.