FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:59 pm
Churnman

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Mamibear
you must have a 'unicorn' regular WM because vanilla GCs have been hardcoded for cash/debit at most, if not all SCs and NMs for years now. It was only the sunnies and gd VGCs that they allowed to be bought with CC until the last week of July when it was hardcoded for cash/debit as well.

I got the chance to talk to the SM of one of my go-to WMs (I've known him since he was AM) and I asked if he knew why the GDs are now only cash/debit? He said it came from corporate and they'll be having a meeting in Denver in the coming days and he will definitely ask about it. I told him his store would be losing a lot of revenues on the fees on GDVGC now that people can't buy them with CCs. He said he'd let me know when he comes back.

Good information. Sometimes the big box store chain plays hardball with vendors to get better terms or better products (less vulnerable in this case?). If the cards are not a vast problem for real customers (no problems that occur before the sale, either from inside distribution or otherwise, then rather than them annihilating basically all sales of these (no one uses cash for these 500s or it looks even more suspicious = real ML) why not just require ID to use your cc (names must match) just like other regulated items like alcohol? Using a nuke to kill a fly is unproductive.