FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United has its groove back
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 18, 8:30 am
demkr

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold
Operationally, they do seem to be doing better. The Polaris lounges are nice. However, unlike my experience on Delta, delays seem to really pile up whenever there is a late inbound aircraft. There is almost never a swap at any time throughout the day. Does anyone else notice this? Delta seems to swap way more than UA does.

On everything else, from aircraft to onboard soft product, to put it bluntly, United sucks. The 1K experience is terrible. Also, Whenever there is an improvement made in one area, such as the meals awhile back, and the Polaris product, it's clawed back almost instantaneously. As well as improvements in one area always means cutbacks in another. Upgrades are non-existent.

Take a look at Polaris in particular. I actually miss the old BusinessFirst meals. Polaris has the same food choices now for months and months on end. Regular looking salads (remember the big salad bowls with the croutons and real dressing as opposed to oil and vinegar?) are a thing of the past. Salad bowls are so tiny they might as well not even be there now. Delta's domestic wines are better than UA international. It's terrible. That's why I've switched most of my flying to Delta.

Last edited by demkr; Aug 5, 18 at 8:36 am