FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:21 am
toz100

Programs: QR Platinum
I burnt 510.000 Qmiles for 2 Awards in J (for my wife and myself). We wanted to fly in J from FRA to AKL and back from OZ (open jaw). This would cost more than 600.000 Qmiles we didn't have because we couldn't use the Qmiles in my wife's account (the callcenter allowed pooling in former days). So we had to split in an Y rt. FRA-DOH and a J award DOH-AKL, ADL-DOH. This meant that we will have to take an undesired 1-night-stopover both ways in Doha (self paid of course) to be on the safe side concerning continuing flights.

To find availability for J-awards to AKL and from OZ was a real challenge. We could only succeed because we will have an extended stay of 3 months and managed to detect an almost singular availability from ADL (we would have preferred SYD or MEL but this was impossible to find). We will burn now 120.000 Qmiles in my wife's account for some Qantas flights and then the QR story or even the FFP story is done for us. In future we will care for good products with good prices (long distance in J, short/medium distance in Y) and not for any FFP's or alliances. We also sit on 100 Qcredits with 60 more to come in December but I doubt that we can make reasonable use of most of them.

Last edited by toz100; Aug 5, 2018 at 5:36 am Reason: Typos