FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:06 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mysorepack
Got it - that's helpful to know. Do you know how my upgrade waitlist (paid fare, 20K miles+$550 upgrade) will be treated relative to my family's (economy award tickets, waitlisted to business saver award, IN space I assume)? Assume none of the 4 upgrades clear prior to T-24, how will the 4 be placed in the upgrade waitlist?
Prior to departure, you're ahead of them, because R space will open before IN space would.

On the waitlist -- that's a very good question, which is why I asked you to let us know what happens. There are competing theories. Some people are of the opinion that your family should be / will be ahead of you; others are of the opinion that it's purely based on status and fare class as of T-24; still others would say that upgrades should be / will be ahead of waitlisted business class award passengers regardless of status, since that's the case prior to T-24.

There are quite a few anecdotes but I don't recall many situations where we could get data about known IN and R passengers on the same flight -- mostly it's just guesses and assumptions based upon list position.