FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is the newly deregulated domestic market doing?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:06 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wouldnt disputing the charge with your credit card company solve things should some of the new carriers go under....?? Thoughts....?

I have to say Im a little more optimistic about the chances for survival of these low cost carriers... yes there are still some hurdles especially with the operational aspects of the "new" El Palomar airport - just to name one relevant point, but the Macri administration seems committed to developing air travel in Argentina. I would be more worried about the fate of various long distance bus companies as they will be the ones that will very quickly lose a relevant amount of revenues as more Argentines take to the skies for the first time.

Stay tuned.... its going to be a very interesting couple of months. La Nacion recently ran an article about at least 5 (five) new players that are seriously looking to enter the Argentine Market, so things could continue to get more spicy very very quickly.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Agreed. But one thing I would not do is buy tickets on airlines other than LA or AR for future (several months out) travel. You never know if or rather when the shakeout will happen, and these two will still be around. It isn't just that you could lose your $ if you buy a ticket on QUIlmes Elpalomar Bonaerense Rivadavia Airlines (QUIEBRA), but that when you need to replace it with a ticket on a more stable carrier, there may be nothing left, or the fares might be $$$$$.